Wednesday, September 22, 2010

homesick..... literally

Greetings from Logan, Utah! Where the skies are blue and moods are even blue-r!
For those of you who haven't already guessed, it's Holly here, coming from house.
(I call it house because it doesn't deserve to be called home)
Being the only one away from home, it's been a bit hard for me to write on this cute little blog.
I feel kind of distant from the others... (if you know what I mean)
Despite the distance, I did invite my good pals to come up here for true aggie night this thursday;
too bad I'd be the only one to never become a true aggie.
And I'm the only one going to USU.
Anyways, to take this sad tone to the next level, it's time for a little story I like to call
Repunzel, Please Pick Up Your Hair

My name is Holly. I'm kinda shy; but I have this weird personality where I think I can do anything.
I decided to come to Utah State, alone. My roommate was a mystery.
I had many ideas of what she would be like:
crazy and fun?
shy and sweet?
sporty and outdoorsy?
....or totally weird...
It was a chance I was willing to take. I had this weird idea that if I came alone, I would make lots of friends.
I mean, how bad could she be? She's a girl, and most girls are pretty clean and nice... Right?

My roommate's name is Melissa. She's from good ol' Hyrum, Utah (about 5 miles from Logan).
She's a Senior in Accounting, and she's 20 years old.
This is also her first time moving away from home.
Melissa, being from a tiny farming town, has strange sleeping habits (and social skills).
She hates movies, loves wearing any color bland, works at 3 different Walmart stores, and everytime I walk in my room I'm greeted by a beautiful stampede of horses galloping across her bedspread.
I'm not one to judge harshly, and despite my shy nature, I tried to be friends with her.
One boring friday night, I invited her and another roommate to share some popcorn and a chickflick.
She declined, saying she had other plans. I thought,
"Oh good for her, I wish I had friends to go do something with"
Later, I discovered she hadn't actually gone out with friends,
she had gone up to bed.
It was 8:30pm.
Every night thereafter, she has assumed this schedule.
Sleep: 8:30pm, Wake: 5:00am.
I really, really, really, really love my sleep.
I don't think she knows how to use her "my roommate is asleep at 5am and her next class isn't till 9:30, so I should be quiet because she probably wants to stay asleep until a later hour" part of her brain.
Although being woken up at 5 every morning isn't that big of a deal, I have officially met my doom.
Along with loving my sleep, I also have a thing about hair.
I don't like it.
Dog, cat, human, whatever the species, please don't leave your hair around for me to find.

And there you have it, my own personal hell on earth. Right there. In my own shower. Where I clean my body and feel rejuvenated after a long school day.

Someone PLEASE save me from the horror.

And the worst part: she doesn't have a shaver in there.
I do.
I slept on the couch last night.
I couldn't be in the same room as that monster.
It made me sick.
I wanna go back home.

Amy, Ally, Lauren...............I MISS YOU



4 comments:

  1. dude. i literally started dry heaving.
    i miss you too!
    and she's probably part horse, part human. like that guy off of Chronicles of Narnia. Well...I'm going to go puke now. Come baaaaaccccckkkk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just threw up in my mouth. did you taste it? holl i miss you!! i demand you come back here now!!! ps if i were a boy i'd want to make you a true aggie:)
    love ally

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! i dont understand some people and how they live with themselves..You really should just move back and go to uvu. or you can go to hawaii with me :) I miss you. And why are you the only one who cant become a true aggie??
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am lonely. I miss you guys. You have to visit me sooooon. But I can't become a true aggie because a certain male person can't come tomorrow. And I kind of want to throw up and cry at the same time. And... I miss you guys. We should have virtual dates where we all do the same thing... Like get ice cream... at the same time and we can pretend like we're all together. Waaaaaaaaaaah. (that's a crying noise)
    Holly

    ReplyDelete